High-Power NFC Reader/Writer
An ultimate power contained in a slim and elegant form. Lummico High-Power Reader/Writer has a top-class design and game-changing hardware. It not only speeds up the transfer and update but also helps reduce costs for high-volume projects. It can be used with any operating system or device supporting UART communication. It also works like a charm with mobile devices when extended with a USB-OTG adapter.
Lummico SmartTag product line is a synergy of classic labeling solutions with modern electronics and software. The common features of all SmartTag products are E-Paper displays and the NFC interface.
Batteryless modules have been developed to completely remove batteries. So, in a sense, they are everlasting devices that can serve you without an expiry date. The energy needed for a display update is provided wirelessly at the same time when new image data are being transmitted.
3rd Generation – This is the third generation of our batteryless solution dedicated to the e-paper modules. It is the ultimate technology that provides super-fast modules-update and maximum flexibility. Modules can be updated through a Lummico HIgh-Power Reader/Writer that can be connected both to the PC and mobile devices (through USB-OTG) as well. The other possibility is to update modules through mobile devices supplied with an NFC interface and dedicated mobile app directly. Lummico is sharing all source files and libraries so you can easily integrate our solution with your system and customize the way it looks.
Lummico High-Power NFC Reader/Writer has been created to work with SmartTag Batteryless Series. It provides ultimately high power to reach the fastest possible modules-update. The Reader can be connected to a computer or mobile devices when using USB-OTG. Thanks to UART communication it is compatible with very many operating systems and devices.
Lummico High-Power NFC Reader/Writer has been created to work with SmartTag Batteryless Series, and provides the following content upload options:
1. Using a Mobile Phone, App and the Reader
Like in the first case, we are sharing a ready-for-use Mobile App and its source code. In this case, the Lummico High-Power NFC Reader/Writer is connected to a Mobile Device through a USB-OTG adapter. You might ask, why use Reader if you can upload content directly from a Mobile App like described in the previous point. Actually, there are a few pros of using a Mobile Device together with a Reader:
- Tags’ update time is slightly shorter
- Thanks to the high power provided by a Reader, it possible to reduce the Tags price in the case of the higher quantities projects
- You can connect the Reader either to Mobile Device or PC
- You can update Tags even when the Mobile Device is not supplied with an NFC interface
- Self customization possibilities
2. Using Reader and Computer
The third standard option is to use our UART Reader and our dedicated software. We are sharing a Windows Drag&Drop Application and open API that lets you integrate the Reader with any operating system. The main pros are:
- Super-easy to use Drag&Drop App
- Highest flexibility with OpenAPI – no limitation of operating systems
- Easy OpenAPI integration
- Dedicated Lummico XML-Script for dynamic content creation
- Ultimately fast Tags’ update
- Linke in the previous method, thanks to the high power provided by a Reader, it possible to reduce the Tags price in the case of the higher quantities projects
Still not what have you been looking for?
Contact us regarding a customized product:
Explore our Support&FAQ page where you can find implementation examples, open-source projects ready for download and answers to the most freqently asked questions